The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to provide CBU with student leaders who participate in an official capacity at special events throughout the year such as CBU 101 and This is CBU, can accompany Enrolment Service Professionals to local high schools, conduct guided campus tours, can work the Ask Me desk located in the Marvin Harvey Bldg, can help with answering the questions of prospective students in person and online. This program, which brings together students from various academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds, serves to enrich and enhance leadership and communication skills, personal growth, and professional development for its membership while creating long lasting ties with future CBU alumni.
CBU Student Ambassadors will act as liaisons between Cape Breton University and prospective and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of CBU by engaging in activities that:
- Communicate the mission, vision and values of CBU
- Strengthen our traditions
- Promote pride in CBU
- Encourage lifelong involvement with CBU
- Required attendance at one training session per semester.
- Required attendance at any Student Ambassador meetings, called by the Enrolment Services Manager, Domestic
- Participation in a minimum of 10 hours of Student Ambassador activities per week per semester.
- Maintain the equivalent of full time undergraduate enrollment at CBU during your time as a Student Ambassador.
- Student Ambassador attire is to be worn at all events being worked. ( to be provided by Enrolment Services )
- Demonstration of high standard of professionalism at all times
Interested students should send their resume to Stephanie MacDonald, Enrolment Services Manager, Process Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 9, 2017.