Have you ever dreamed about a job where you’d need to cruise Cape Breton and hit up all the hot and happening summer spots? Do your friends refer to you as the King or Queen of social media? Can you selfie, snapchat and giveaway swag at the same time? All while maintaining an uber professional and positive attitude, obviously.
If we just described you, then we’re here to make your dreams come true because those are exactly the skills we’re looking for.
We want to hire a socially savvy and sophisticated student to become part of the 2018 #CBURoadSquad and take the CBU story to the street!
You’ll have the chance to meet new people, attend awesome events, gain some resume cred AND make some cash. If this doesn’t sound like the best job ever and you’d rather sit in an office all day, that’s cool too…..we guess. But if you think you’ve got what it takes to bring the CBU story to life across Cape Breton, we want to hear from you.
Curious? Excited? Take a closer peek into the job:
- Must be a current CBU student, upper-year preferred
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable demeanor
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience in customer service, social media, community promotions, and blogging are considered an asset
- Must be willing to work weekends and occasionally work long days compensated by time in lieu
- Compensation is based on 35 hours per week at a rate of $12.00 per hour on a salary basis. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with most work weeks being from Wednesday to Sunday (depending on schedule, possibility of working Monday or Tuesday at times.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote CBU and all it has to offer in a positive and respectful manner
- Document your adventures via social media (and other channels) and maintain a weekly summer blog/vlog
- Assist CBU Recruitment/Marketing and Communications Teams as needed
- Represent CBU and/or provide support at special events
- Plan and coordinate weekly schedules
- Regular attendance of Cape Breton Island events as scheduled
- Distribution of CBU swag, facilitate contests and giveaways
- Educate the community about the opportunities at CBU
- Create and maintain positive relationships with community members
- Drive and maintain CBU cruiser vehicle in safe and responsible manner, abiding by all provincial driving laws and accepting responsibility for vehicle
- Weekly reports to assigned supervisor
Still think you’re the right person for our summer promo squad? Awesome! Your next step is to send a video resume (what’s a video resume? That’s up to you, but creativity will earn you bonus points!) to Lenore Parsley, Communications Manager. (email@example.com)
Please be sure to include your full name and student ID number in an accompanying cover letter. Oh, and because we believe that less is more, please keep your entry under two minutes in length. We can’t wait to meet you!