Title: Exploring individual’s perspectives on foot care and footwear while living and working with diabetes mellitus: A qualitative descriptive approach.
The importance of understanding the perspectives’ of individuals living with diabetes mellitus and foot complications and supporting their foot care and footwear cannot be understated. The student employee will aid nursing researchers in a literature review, and operationalizing focus groups in the community setting.
Hourly Rate: $16.85
Employment Period: June 4, 2018 to September 2, 2018 (25 hours per week) and Sept 3rd, 2018 to October 31st 2018 (5 hours per week). Hours: flexible
- CBU student interesting in developing their understanding of research processes.
- Preference will be given in a CBU undergraduate student with knowledge of chronic diseases and knowledge of this topic,
- Knowledge with literature searches and retrieval,
- Data collection (focus groups and basic ability to take photos using a camera),
- General ability to organize participants into focus groups,
- Documentation skills,
- Interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently within timeframes.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- The RA will assist with a literature review related to foot care and footwear preferences for adults living with diabetes mellitus.
- The RA will assist in booking venues to hold the patient and staff focus groups (bathroom and wheelchair accessible), and aid in organizing healthy snacks (following Diabetes Canada Healthy Food Guide).
- Post study flyers (electronic and hard copy) and recruiting participants (patients) to the focus groups,
- confirm participant attendance,
- assist participants to carry footwear into room from their mode of transportation, and
- assist in facilitation of the focus groups and data collection.
The position would be based at CBU and the successful applicant will work with Faculty in the BScN program.
Applications may be submitted to Janet Kuhnke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Thursday, June 7th, 2018