The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking an individual to fill the student position of Campus Affairs Coordinator. This position is designed to enhance student life by promoting societies on-campus, and work with the Students’ Union Finance Department.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 and registered CBU student prior to September 30, 2018
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills
- Capable of operating office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Maintain an active list of societies and their Executives, as well as, ensure that all societies fill in the essential information on the society application form.
- Deal with all funds requests and deposits for individual societies and work with the Finance Officer to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Ensure that proper society guidelines are being followed and that reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between the Students’ Union and Societies and schedule regular meetings with society executives, including one mandatory society meeting in the fall.
- Work with the staff to arrange at least one society fair per semester.
- Organize at least one Capers Helping Capers fundraiser per semester.
- Submit a monthly report of activities for the General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
Number of Positions: 1
Competition Number: CAC-0309
Employer: CBU Students’ Union
Closing Date: March 9, 2018
Reporting To: General Manager
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting CAC-0309 no later than 4:00PM on March 9, 2018. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org using the information at the bottom of this posting. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.