You love to inspire, teach and put smiles on young faces. You understand how important it is for kids to have memorable summer experiences. It all adds up to an unforgettable summer filled with creativity and fun activities!
We will be filling the following positions. Once you have been interviewed, we match your skills to the best fit.
- ADVENTURE COUNSELOR (5)
- DAY CAMP COUNSELLOR (5)
- OUTDOOR PLAY LEADER (5)
- ARTS & CRAFTS INSTRUCTOR (1)
- Currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education and/or enrolled in the fall
- Demonstrated leadership through work experience, volunteer positions, membership in organizations, etc.
- Ability to effectively work with youth and children of various ages and needs/abilities
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work with the public
- Excellent team work skills
- Proof of valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver’s License and a current
- NB Driver’s Abstract meeting Town’s expectations for the position of Arts and Crafts Instructor
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Screening meeting Town’s expectations
- Proof of Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certification must be provided at least two weeks prior to the position start date
- NOTE: For positions involving work with children, certification in HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development, an asset.
- Plan, organize, and lead a variety of themed recreational and leisure activities
- Supervise, instruct, and accompany program participants throughout all activities and outings
- Teach arts and crafts, games, sports, swimming, outdoor adventure, and special events
- Contribute creative and unique ideas to enhance the program
- Responsible for the safety and security of program participants
February 9, 2018