- Current university student entering graduate economics program or third/fourth year of an undergraduate economics program.
- Business students with strong economics background also considered.
- The applicant should have a strong Excel background, strong writing skills, be well organized and have an excellent understanding of the Atlantic Canadian economy.
- Experience conducting research is a definite asset.
- The applicant must be a full-time student returning to university in the fall.
- Economic research assistant, including data collection, analysis and report writing.
Career Skills Development
- The Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC) is dedicated to the training of young researchers and economists.
- For many years, we have provided internships and summer employment for students.
- Many of these young people have gone on auspicious careers in the private sector and in government.
- We are particularly proud of our record in training economists for employment in provincial and federal governments.
Duration: 35 hours per week for 14 weeks, starting May 1st.
Wage rate: $14/hour
Deadline for submission: Tuesday, April 18th
For more information about APEC please visit our website at www.apec-econ.ca
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining your qualifications to:
Atlantic Provinces Economic Council
5121 Sackville Street, Suite 500
Halifax, NS B3J 1K1
Fax: (902) 429-6803
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.