Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinator’s responsibilities include assisting the Local Organizing Committee planning for the Legion National Track and Field Championships for 2019/2020.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project management experience is required; Minimum 2 years experience in computer skills, database development, website management.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to develop multiple project plans and execute on time and on budget
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication (written, verbal & presentation skills), time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with volunteers and professionals
- Technical knowledge of track and field is an asset
- Prior event coordination experience is an asset
The Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Plans and delivers activities and projects of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Coordinates the Local LOC office and day to day activities
- Maintains the LOC website and social media
- Assists in the writing of press releases and media articles
- Manages administration of rental agreements, sponsorship agreements, hotel bookings, equipment and merchandise sales and rentals
- Coordinates special events and special visits/guest when required (in schools and communities)
Athletics Nova Scotia Legion Hosting Coordinator
Location – Sydney, NS (Returning full time students in Sept 2017 only)
This position requires a responsible, energetic individual capable of working as part of a team. Extensive weekend work and local travel (access to reliable transportation on an as needed basis) within Cape Breton Island will be required with time taken off in lieu.
The salary for this position is $ $11 per hour plus 4% vacation pay for 30 hours per week. Term: 8 weeks – June 21, 2017 to August 16, 2017 Apply by June 9, 2017, 4pm to firstname.lastname@example.org