WINDIGO ADVENTURES, leader in small group exploratory holidays across North America, is on the lookout for an Assistant Product Manager. Since 1996, Windigo runs and operates adventure tours in Canada and the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii.
The outdoors takes center stage on our tours via adventurous activities. Our itineraries also include cultural visits, wildlife observation and culinary experiences via activities such as: hiking, cycling, canoeing, sea kayaking, skiing, snowmobiling and more. From luxury 5 star hotel tours to budget camping itineraries, we have been exploring the off the beaten track North American territory with international clients for over 20 years.
Join a young and dynamic team in a great work environment in our Montreal offices. Reporting to the Product Director, the Assistant Product Manager is accountable for building and quoting tours for international tour operators.
- Essential – Minimum of three years in the tourism industry. In the adventure business
would be preferable.
- Knowledge of the North American tourism destination
- Perfect written and spoken English. Other languages like French, German and Dutch are
- Master of Microsoft office pack: Word, Excel, power point, outlook
- Active on social media
- Graphic design knowledge is a plus
- Tourism experience is essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail and logistics guru
- Can work under pressure and long hours during peak season
The Assistant Product Manager’s mission will consist of:
- Build and quote adventure itineraries in USA and / or Canada under the responsibility
of the head of product
- Write and compose trip dossiers in English and (other languages an asset: French,
Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German…)
- Develop new creative itineraries for all types of clientele based on all kind of adventure
- Research and negotiate new suppliers
- Purchasing and contracting
- Negotiation of rates to achieve defined targets
- Administration work during peak season
- Social media and blog
- Keep the online product of the Windigo website updated
- Manage the B to C request of our online products + custom trips
PLEASE SEND CV VIA EMAIL TO: Josiane Bureau / email@example.com
***If you have no tourism experience, please do not apply for this job***