Positions available at:
- Tim Horton Memorial Camp (THMC) is situated on 104 acres of beautiful property on Lorimer Lake. Located a 2.5 hour drive from Toronto, THMC in situated in the heart of Ontario’s acclaimed cottage country. Towering pines, wildlife, and a picturesque lakefront are defining features of this camp location.
- Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell (THCW) is located on the beautiful shores of Sylvia Lake across the river from Pinawa, and just within the boundary of the Whiteshell Provincial Park. Located about a 1 hour drive north-east of Winnipeg, THCW is surrounded by cliff-edged rivers, clear deep lakes, and soaring pines.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field
- Experience planning and executing wilderness canoe trips
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Wilderness First Responder Certification – or willing to obtain
- Bronze Cross Certification – or willing to obtain
- Wilderness Water Safety Certification – an asset
- Bilingual in French an English – an asset
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Skilled in behaviour management and problem solving
- Clear criminal background check
- Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
- Delivering quality, youth-focused programming through guiding multi-day wilderness canoe trips
- Ensuring proper equipment instruction and safety of staff and campers at all times
- Assessing risk and implementing the Foundation’s safety standards and procedures
- Support packing and preparation for trips
- Reporting concerns or incidents related to camper and staff wellness, as well as equipment maintenance
- Completing daily trip logs and related forms, as well as incident/accident reports as necessary
- Being a role model for campers to look up to during the camp session and beyond
Contract dates from May 29, 2017 – September 1, 2017.
JOIN OUR TEAM TO…
- Be involved in inspiring young people to discover their potential
- Work alongside liked-minded change makers
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Participate in extensive training opportunities
- Having your accommodations and meals provided
Applicants interested in the Tim Horton Memorial Camp can forward their resumes to Megan Castrucci, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in the Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell can forward their resumes to Elijah Sherk, Program Manager at email@example.com.
To learn more about the Co-op Option in your program, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org