- Bachelor or master’s degree in business, a concentration in accounting is preferred
- Strong desire to obtain a professional accounting designation
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, attention to detail and demonstrated leadership
- Geographic mobility
Start date: 2020, negotiable
Locations: Calgary, AB or St. John’s, NL
We are looking for ambitious and highly motivated graduates in the final year of their University program to join our Accounting and Finance organization. You will be working in a fast-paced team environment and be expected to prepare, analyze, interpret and communicate financial results while maintaining effective business controls.
As a recent graduate, you will be entering our Early Professional Development Program (EPDP) where your first 3 years will offer various job rotations throughout the Accounting and Finance function, building a broad range of skills and knowledge of Imperial’s core businesses and financial processes.
Common Roles & Descriptions:
- Financial Reporting Analyst – prepare and analyze legal entity financial information for presentation to management and consolidation into external financial statement releases
- Business Analysis and Reporting Analyst – prepare and analyze asset level financial information for presentation to management in support of Imperial’s various business lines
- Project Accountant – work with the business to understand and report project expenditures, enforce contract compliance and ensure strong business controls are in place
Learn more about Accounting & Finance careers at Imperial and view our Calgary Campus. Watch our virtual information session and find out from our staff what it’s like to work at Imperial. Feel free to sign up for this year’s virtual session where you can learn a little bit more about the organization and ask you questions live.
- Imperial’s focus on continuous learning and professional development ensures that there is always a new challenge around every corner. We believe that a strong future is built on solid beginnings and our EPDP program is designed to give you the broad experience you need to meet your career goals. Whether it’s through job rotations, training programs or our specialized networking and mentoring programs, Imperial puts your personal development at the forefront.
- We are a CPA pre-approved program provider in Alberta and in Newfoundland and Labrador. All roles within our Accounting and Finance organization are structured to provide the necessary work experience to obtain your CPA designation. Additionally, we provide financial support and workplace flexibility to our CPA candidates. Advantages to obtaining a CPA with Imperial – path to obtain designation similar to CPA firms, direct entry into industry, and competitive package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to strengthen your skills and capabilities.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Competitive vacation package – provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Initial positions will be located in Calgary AB, or St. John’s, NL. Subsequent positions throughout your career at Imperial may be located in other cities across Canada.
- For positions based in Newfoundland and Labrador: in accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: September 29, 2019
Alternate Location: Canada : Calgary, AB || Canada : St. John’s, NL
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.