- Must be able to attend training which takes place from May 27-31, 2019. Training is located in Dartmouth, NS;
- Background in environmental science, engineering, biology, marine;
- Comfortable working in the marine environment on a boat;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Direct experience in marine water quality sampling or experience with water sampling considered an asset.
AECOM is involved in an extensive water quality monitoring program across Nova Scotia and is currently seeking a qualified and motivated individual to join our team of professionals in our Sydney, Nova Scotia office for a 4-month contract period from May to August, 2019.
The successful candidate will join our Cape Breton sampling team to sample the coastal and in-land waters of Cape Breton and provide support in reporting services and deliverables for the 2019 sampling season. The position will be based in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The standard working hours for this position is Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5pm. There may be some overtime required outside of these working hours. The successful candidate should have access to a personal vehicle for daily travel to sampling meeting point locations.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect marine water samples from sampling locations within the coastal Cape Breton area, in accordance with sampling methodologies prescribed by AECOM. The work involves meeting with a boating sub-contractor at pre-determined locations, navigating on boat to sample locations, collecting water sample, and logging field data.
- Submit the samples to AECOM’s preferred laboratory for analysis.
- Provide additional reporting or documentation that may be requested.
- Undergo training required for the program (Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) card, Marine First Aid Emergency (MED A-3))
For application details, please contact Student Placement Officer, Carly Turnbull