There are many reasons why students benefit from getting involved with the CBU co-op program- some of which are:
- The CBU co-op program provides students with the opportunity to deepen their studies with valuable on-the-job experience.
- The co-op program offers students the chance to start a network of professionals in their chosen area of interest who can mentor and support the student in their new career.
- Co-op students obtain paid work experience and earn three credits after working in their preferred field.
- Students gain the opportunity to apply classroom learning to workplace situations.
- A co-op placement gives students a clear advantage when applying to future careers.
The CBU co-op program is a great way for students to get a taste of what the future holds. CBU has a wide variety of co-op placements that relate to any program. A co-op placement is a great opportunity for students to figure out what they enjoy (or what they don’t enjoy!). If you are a student and you are ready to experience the “real world”, apply to the CBU co-op program today!
Here is a great article explaining the benefits of Co-op. Start considering Co-op options early in your degree! Contact Jennifer or Carly for more information.
Student Testimonial BBA Cooperative Internship Program – Kara MacKinnon, BBA Accounting.