Start your research project off right by ensuring that you’ve complied with the proper ethics protocols. Any research involving human participants requires approval from the CBU REB prior to the start of the research project.
Submitting an Application
- Complete a research ethics application. (Currently, we are testing a beta application. We encourage you to use it. However, the REB will still accept the older version of the application until the new year.)
- Include all relevant forms such as interview guides and an informed consent form
- Email your application with all attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student researchers are now required to complete the TCPS 2 Tutorial and submit proof of completion as part of their application.
- You should receive a confirmation email that your application has been received 48 – 72 hours after it has been submitted. Contact email@example.com if a confirmation email has not been sent.
- Ethics applications are processed between 2-3 weeks.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 563-1107.
- Annual Progress Report
- Changes to the Children & Family Services Duty to Report
- Consent Form Template
- Ethics Application
- Final Project Report
A note for Mac or iPad users: please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat to open these forms. The Mac Previewer does not save the filled forms properly.