Submitting an Application
Important: The CBU REB will be moving to a once a month review system starting May 2019. Please see the list of submission deadlines for 2019-2020 below. Contact email@example.com for further information. Expedited review requests will not be accepted at this time.
- Review the submission deadlines for 2019-2020 (below).
- Complete your REB protocol by downloading and completing a CBU REB Form (Last revision: July 18, 2019)
- Include all relevant forms such as interview guides and/or an informed consent form (see resources below).
- Student researchers are now required to complete the TCPS 2 Tutorial and submit proof of completion as part of their application.
- Students are required to have their application reviewed and approved by their supervisor. The supervisor and student’s signature must be submitted as part of the application.
- Email a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should receive a confirmation email that your application has been received one week after it has been submitted.
- Informed Consent form(s)
- Questionnaires, Interview guides, recruitment tools (emails, posters, etc.)
- Students: Supervisor signature for student ethics application (signed by your professor, scanned, and ready to upload)
- Students: TCPS2 Tutorial Certificates (upload the certificate of each group member)
You should receive a confirmation email that your application has been received one week after it has been submitted.
Submission Deadlines to the CBU REB for 2019-2020
|Monday, May 13, 2019||Tuesday, November 12, 2019|
|Monday, June 10, 2019||Monday, December 2, 2019|
|Monday, July 15, 2019||Monday, January 13, 2020|
|Monday, August 12, 2019||Monday, February 10, 2020|
|Monday, September 16, 2019||Monday, March 9, 2020|
|Tuesday, October 15, 2019||Monday, April 13, 2020|
- Contact Nicole MacDougall, CBU REB Administrator, at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
- The CBU REB aims to have applications reviewed within 4 – 6 weeks. However, during peak times, there may be longer wait times. Applications that are partially incomplete will take longer to process.
Any research involving human participants requires approval from the CBU REB prior to the start of the research project.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 563-1107.
- Annual Progress Report
- Changes to the Children & Family Services Duty to Report
- Final Project Report
- Renewal Request
- Supervisor Signature for Student Ethics Application
001 Research Conducted Outside of Jurisdiction
002 Research with Indigenous Peoples and Communities
003 Common Mistakes and General Tips
004 Writing Clear Consent Forms or Scripts
006 Research in the CBU Classroom (including Blanket Course Approvals)
A note for Mac or iPad users: please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat to open these forms. The Mac Previewer does not save the filled forms properly.