Tuesday, March 19 | 2:30pm – 4:30pm | Location CE 313
This roundtable discussion will focus on the theme of Cape Breton’s and Atlantic Canada’s entrepreneurial ecosystem: its key players, strengths, weaknesses, support organizations and potential.
- Kevin McKague will provide an overview of the increasingly popular concept of an entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Stephanie Gilbert, Shannon School of Business professor will discuss regional findings from a multi-year study examining the broader Atlantic Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Jill McPherson, member of Cape Breton Voices, will present preliminary findings from a recent survey of 100 women entrepreneurs titled “Women and Entrepreneurship: Challenges, Successes, and Solutions on Cape Breton Island”
- Darren MacDonald, Managing Director of the Island Sandbox will present an overview of the network of ‘sandbox’ entrepreneurship support organizations across Nova Scotia.
- Wanda MacLean, the Cape Breton Regional Representative for Nova Scotia Business Inc. will provide an overview of their activities in support of the Cape Breton and Nova Scotia entrepreneurial ecosystem.
This event is part of Research Month 2019. Visit our website for a full list of events.