Cape Breton University offers numerous courses that examine the Fortress of Louisbourg from a range of perspectives and disciplines.
In some classes, such as History 310 and Anthropology 304, the Fortress is the primary focus; in others, it is studied as part of a wider set of themes or ideas.
- Anthropology 304/Heritage 340/History 340: Historical Archaeology
- Communication 380/History 380: Public History
- History 201: A History of Canada before Confederation
- History 207: Atlantic Canada before Confederation
- History 304: History of Cape Breton to 1850
- History 310: Social History of Louisbourg
- History 320: The Atlantic World in the Age of Sail
Full descriptions of each course can be obtained in the university’s Academic Calendar.
For more information contact:
Dr. Andrew Parnaby
Associate Professor, Department of History
Cape Breton University