Searching by citation is beneficial for researchers looking to find out the importance of a particular work based on how often it has been cited, and by whom. It also allows for greater insight into relevant literature in the field that may be beneficial to your research. The resources below all offer the ability to search by citation.
- On search results page – look for the “Cited by” option under each article title
- Provides “Cited References” function – allows for citation search based on author, title, source of the material, year
- On search results page – look for “Cited References” and “Times Cited in this Database” on each entry
- “Cited By” function on search results page – listed under each relevant entry
- “Cited by’ feature available on right side of article summary page
- If available, only lists materials cited in PubMed Central