The CBU Library is open by reservation only through our Book a Seat Program.
This program allows CBU students to reserve a study seat, study room, computer station or study carrel (private desk and seat) in the library. Reservations can be made here.
Available services include access to the library Wifi, printers, scanners and physical collections. Anyone looking to take items out of the library are encouraged to do so through the Curbside Pickup process.
- Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Students must enter campus through one of the designated entrances (Campus Centre, Great Hall, Marvin Harvey) and sign in at the sign in station before accessing the library.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering the library.
- Students must check in and out using the code emailed to them, or by scanning the QR code found at the seat when they arrive.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the common spaces of the library.
- Please do not move furniture: all seating has been arranged to respect physical distancing requirements.
- Students are encouraged to wipe down workstations prior to use and at the end of their session. Sanitizing wipes will be provided in these areas.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to campus.
Appointments are mandatory. Students will not be permitted to enter the library if they have not booked an appointment.
Information on Moving Throughout the Library
The flow of traffic in the library has been adjusted to reduce the likelihood of being in close proximity to others. Please follow the directional signage that lets you know which areas are one-way only. Please stay to the right at all other times, including when entering and exiting the library.
After you arrive in the library, please go directly to the circulation desk, or to your assigned seat and booked location.
Library services continue to be offered digitally as well. Online services and supports include:
We encourage you to register with the CBU Library so resources are readily accessible to you when you need them. To speak with a library staff member, call 902-563-1320 or email email@example.com.
If you are returning your library materials, there is a return box located in Campus Centre, next to the Campus Security Office.