Professional Development Opportunities at CBU
CBU provides a range of professional development opportunities to employees. There are opportunities available to particular groups, depending on their role at the University, courses relating to occupational health and safety, and general courses of interest. Examples of the types of courses offered include:
- the Teaching and Learning Centre organizes a variety of courses for academic staff;
- JOHSC, CBU’s Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee, organizes monthly seminars or ‘lunch & learn’ events related to health and safety issues;
- Human Resources offers or coordinates topical sessions, including webinars or speakers, and practical instruction courses such as upgrading your Excel knowledge;
- unionized employees can check their eligibility for professional development funding through their collective agreements;
- the Human Resources Department administers a Professional Development Fund* program, available to all permanent employees, for continuing education; and
- the Human Resources Department administers a Professional Development Fund program, available to Managers and non-union employees, for seminars, workshops (annual application process).
Professional development opportunities are advertised via e-mail, and indicate if they are open sessions, or if registration is required.
* Each program has an annual application process, and applicants will be notified whether their requests have been approved.