The Cape Breton University Marketing and Communications Department understands that our target audience lives, works and plays online. We also get that choosing a program of study at a university is a huge decision. So we’re looking for a skilled and snappy web content writer to join our high-performing team temporarily to reshape and refocus our primary academic program pages.
We need an amazing writer and editor to collaborate with our team to ensure that prospective students and their influencers can easily navigate our academic options. If you love reading and writing, thrive in both the digital and physical realm, and are an overall team player, we’d love to hear from you!
Position – Web / Digital Content Writer
- Eight week term beginning immediately following selection
- $15 per hour / 35 hours a week
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and own a complex web writing project from start to finish
- Liaise with various people and departments to ensure accurate information is conveyed
- Create and curate compelling content
- Ensure consistency across school and program pages
- Clearly communicate with supervisor(s) on approval process
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- An understanding of formatting for the web
- An eye for detail and consistency
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional writing experience
- Bachelor of Public Relations, Journalism or similar field an asset
Send your application to Lenore Parsley, Manager of Communications and Media Relations – email@example.com. Include a letter of application; a resume; and complete contact information of three references.
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. May 7, 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cape Breton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Cape Breton University