Cape Breton University Students’ Union
Students’ Union VP Finance & Operations
Must be bondable and successfully complete a police record check and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar supervisory role.
6 month term (January 2019 to June 2019)
35 hours per week
Hourly. Wage based on education and experience
Responsible for the daily operations of the convenience store. Provide professional leadership and direction to all convenience store staff. Ensure that scheduling, training, cash, and inventory management are done in conjunction with the VP Finance & Operations.
The Operations Supervisor reports to the VP Finance & Operations. The Operations Supervisor has a supervisory relationship with servers, clerks, and other supervisors.
A team of professional, full-time staff support the student leadership and goals of the organization through a number of operations. The Operations Supervisor may assist the VP Finance & Operations in effectively operating these outlets.
SCOPE AND NATURE
It is the goal of the CBUSU employees to make the Students’ Union a pleasant, professional, welcoming location for the student to relax, socialize, or seek information. The Operations Supervisor must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to ensure a high level of satisfaction among all customers, employees, and all other clients.
The functions of the Operations Supervisor cover a wide variety of responsibilities in the daily operations of Caper Convenience, and may be modified from time to time by the CBUSU Executive in conjunction with other Students’ Union ancillary operations. Specific roles and responsibilities allocated to this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision of store staff to ensure quality and efficiency
- Maintain desired inventory levels for all service areas in conjunction with the VP Finance & Operations
- Accountable for all inventories; responsible for the weekly completion of inventory and its accuracy
- Maintain a relationship with all vendors who supply Caper Convenience
- Work in conjunction with the VP Finance & Operations to coordinate, plan, budget and schedule to ensure that all operational requirements are met when ordering, receiving, storing and maintaining proper stock levels
- Maintain all labour costs in area, manage waste, and drive profitability in conjunction with the VP Finance & Operations
- Balance cash tills and deposits at the start and end of week
- Maintain a positive public relation and rapport with customers and staff alike
- Work cash in Caper Convenience on a “as required” basis
- Must be knowledgeable of all provincial requirements and standards regarding Workplace Health and Safety and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS).
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Punctual, organized, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Team-oriented and approachable
- Able to multi-task
- Good listener and communicator
- Able to problem solve
- Proficient cash handling skills
- Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights and extended hours as required
Please forward cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Dawn MacDougall, Admin. & Health Plan Manager
1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS B1P 6L2
Deadline for applications: Friday, December 14, 2018 by 4 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please