Competition Number: OM-012819
Employer: CBU Students’ Union
Closing Date: January 28th, 2019
CBUSU Vice President of Finance & Operations (VPFO) and Student Union Executive
The CBU Students’ Union is seeking an Operations Manager for The Pit Lounge and the Pit Grille. This is a full-time position to be offered as a six month contract with the intent of renewal based on job performance. This is a non-student position.
- Deliver a student service focused culture across all Pit operations for students and the CBU community which includes staff, alumni, and CBU guests.
- Work within the management structure of full-time Students’ Union employees.
- Supervise the day-to-day performance of the bar, grille, portable bar service and special event operations.
- Undertake continued market analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in provision contributing to the development of robust operational plans.
- Be involved with the hiring, training, and supervising of staff for Pit and Grille operations of the Students’ Union in coordination with other members of the Students Union Executive and full- time staff.
- Assisting with Pit and Grille management in areas such as inventory management, pricing and menus.
- Ensure legal compliance is met including health & safety, security, Smart Serve, and any licensing laws and conditions as deemed appropriate for the role in the bar, events and entertainment operations. As well, serve as a member on related committees.
- Ensure maintenance is kept on all equipment/fixtures and report issues to the VPFO.
- Carry out the administration of money including its reconciliation, timely and accurate invoicing, and financial administration as required in coordination with the VPFO.
- Liaise with suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure commitments by both parties are delivered for all Pit and Grille operations.
- Coordinate marketing and promotions activities for Pit and Grille operations in conjunction with the CBUSU VP of Promotions.
- Liaise with Executive Committee on booking entertainment for The Pit Lounge and events and have signing authority for event contracts.
- Ensure responsible drinking at all Students’ Union hosted events.
- Ensure The Pit Lounge is an accessible, safe and secure facility for students and CBU community, which includes outsourcing security as required.
- Coordinate lease, rental, and maintenance of CBUSU vehicles such as oil changes, tire changes and regular maintenance of the van in coordination with the Finance Manager and CBUSU VPFO.
- Provide prudent financial management of Pit and Grille operations and events.
- Report monthly to the CBUSU VP of Finance of Operations on the status of Pit and Grille operations.
- Serve as a member of the Lounge Management Agreement Advisory Group with CBU.
- Liaise with the Director of Student Affairs on items related to the CBU Liquor License and ensure all parties involved are informed of any issues arising in the Pit. Ensure appropriate paperwork is maintained on these issues.
- The Operations Manager is expected to work special events which may include weekend night events.
- To serve as an integral part of the CBUSU team in developing long term plans for Pit and Grille operations and related contracts.
- Any other tasks that would be deemed suitable within the role as directed by the CBUSU VPFO.
- University degree preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Minimum of four years experience required in a management position in food service, event, or operations management.
- Experience in entertainment contracts and event management is an asset.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and understand the governance of the Students’ Union.
- Must have proven experience in financial management.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and references quoting OM-012819 no later than 4:00PM on January 28th, 2019.
Applications must be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Administration and Health Plan Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.