Duration: June 6 to August 26, 2016 (12 weeks, 35 hours per week)
Rate: $10.70 per hour
Language Requirement: English
Employer: Boardmore Playhouse, Cape Breton University
The CBU Boardmore Playhouse is seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual to provide assistance with marketing and mediato the Playhouse Manager. The Assistant will be involved with maintaining advertising and sponsorship for the 2016/17 Season of Plays and the development and delivery of social media content.
Minimum/Essential Qualifications Needed to Perform Job:
- Post-secondary student at the undergraduate level.
- Experience in theatre is not necessary but is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access) and internet and social media applications.
- Exceptional oral and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated research experience.
- Must be highly organized, have good time management skills and be able to stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Should be outgoing and friendly, and be comfortable working with the public.
Qualified candidates should send:
- a letter of application identifying his/her education and experience as it relates to this position;
- a resume; and
- complete contact information of three references
Todd Hiscock, Manager, Boardmore Playhouse / Artistic Director, Boardmore Theatre
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. May 6, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cape Breton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. CBU is open to part time and job share applications.
Cape Breton University
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS B1P 6L2 Website: www.cbu.ca/careers