Student Life and Community Engagement Assistant
The Student Life Assistant will be responsible for creating and facilitating engaging programming for all students at Cape Breton University. The SLCE Assistant is the go-to person for all events and programming developed and executed by the SLCE Coordinator and related committees. The Assistant will be a key person to help make sure life at CBU is active, vibrant, inclusive, and virtual.
• Completing a needs assessment of activities students would like to see at CBU.
• Creating and facilitating regular programming based on the results of the needs assessment and successful programming from the past.
• Supporting the Student Life and Community Engagement Coordinator with additional programming and events.
Students from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can:
• Work independently and with groups, depending on the task
• Create and facilitate meaningful programming for their peers
• Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Have tech skills to assist and lead virtual events
– Develop communication, interpersonal and other critical skills
– Learn how to work in a fast paced environment
– Develop a keen sense of detail
– learn how to develop diverse and fun programming for a variety of students
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume to: Eleanor Sidley, Student Life & Community Engagement Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org