We’koqma’q First Nation – COMMUNICATION OFFICER
September 27, 2019 at 12:00 pm
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Detailed oriented. The ability to develop compelling presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content Strong writing skills for news letters, press releases, progress reports, and briefing notes. Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI.
- IT experience and abilities, including web development, savvy in utilizing, using and managing online platforms such as a social media, blogging, etc.
The Communications Officer will serve in a leadership role to unify and align communications. Ensure high-quality and highest impact communications are created for both internal, external audience, and community.
Responsible for managing the public relations aspect of Waycobah First Nation. Builds and sustains a reputation for quality, reliability, responsiveness and customer and community member satisfaction. Writes and delivers press releases and handles, with Chief, communication sent to the public.
Collaborate with Chief & Council, management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the Band’s activities, products and/or services.
- Manage the First Nation and its related company brands and reputation. Ensure public views the organizations favorably.
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews with First Nation or company reps. Get First Nation or company positively featured on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the First Nation to the Community and external.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy for First Nation owned businesses.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with media reps.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Web site management and content development
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for First Nation & Corporate
- Such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer of We’koqma’q First Nation
This position is a FULL-TIME permanent job with the We’koqma’q first nation community. Ideally suited for recent grads or potential Fall grads from a Communications or Marketing program.
To apply please send a full cover letter and resume to Megan Ringer (email@example.com) by the 27th of September at 12:00 noon.