Supply Chain Intern
January 27, 2020 at 11:00 pm
The Supply Chain Intern will support the supply chain organization at McCain Foods through working in one of the core supply chain functions towards meeting that team’s goals and objectives. This role will support the Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Supply Chain Optimization, Logistics, & Customer Service teams. The Supply Chain Intern is expected to gain a deep understanding of supply chain process and tools, potentially including inventory management, capacity planning, warehouse management, transportation planning and customer service coordination.
DURATION: May – August 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support core functionality of the supply chain teams while looking for opportunities for improvement
- Develop a keen understanding of supply chain functions and major roles and responsibilities
- Engage in all training, development and educational opportunities provided
- Participate in cross-functional teams supporting supply chain process improvement projects
- Contribute to a reduction in inventory, improvement in customer fill rate, and reduction in freight costs
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to assigned work; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Must have exceptional analytical skills and be able to work with complex data
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Must be a self-motivated, analytical and independent thinker.
- Results focused. Bias towards action, able to synthesize multiple pieces of information and act decisively
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, organization and planning skills.
- High proficiency in tools used for data analysis such as Excel is a must; Access a plus
Click here to apply.