To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the CBU campus is closed to the general public. For information on CBU's full response to COVID-19 visit, www.cbu.ca/covid19.
Summer: Student Public Health Inspector (3 Positions)
January 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Program: Healthy Environments
Competition #: 20.00
Type: Student Term – May 11 to Aug 28, 2020
Status: Non Union
Reporting to the Program Managers in Healthy Environments and Food Safety, the Student PHI will assist with public health inspections and investigation services including the following:
- Food Safety
- Recreational Water
- Rabies Prevention and Control
- Safe Water including inspection of Small Drinking Water Systems
- Vector Borne Disease
- Infection Disease Prevention and Control
- Health Hazard Prevention and Management
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Establishes and cultivates positive working relationships with community partners, clients, staff, and management.
- Models, supports, and endorses Ontario Public Health / HPEPH values and change initiatives.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the HPEPH mission and values and acts as an ambassador for HPEPH when in contact with the public and other agencies.
- Where appropriate, identifies risk and implements risk mitigation strategies.
- Follows all applicable HPEPH, Ontario Public Health, legislation, and professional standards.
- Enrolment in a post-secondary institution recognized by the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Excellent communication skills to work with the general public and others using tact.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively document activities, observations and complete reports.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Interact with clients in a variety of settings; travel in the County of Prince Edward, Hastings County, Quinte West and Belleville as needed; flexible working hours are required; standard working hours are 8:30AM – 4:30PM.
If you are interested applying, please review our Submission Guidelines on the website.
Applications must be emailed by end of day January 15, 2020 to: email@example.com
HPEPH welcomes those with disabilities. To make arrangements for accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
© 2020 Cape Breton University