Summer Co-op: Rooms Division Coordinator
18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
February 10, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
As a Rooms Division Coordinator, you will be the main point of contact between the departments within the Rooms Division, with a specific focus on the Housekeeping and Front Office operations. This position will be responsible for maintaining communication between departments and ensuring operational efficiency for the comfort of our guests. You will be responsible for consistent monitoring of our property management system as to the status of lodging units and updating department Leaders and Supervisors with pertinent information.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging
- Generate various operational reports for the coordination of the Front Office, Housekeeping and Reservations
- Work closely with Housekeeping and Front Desk departments to maintain up to date statuses of lodging and guest arrivals; early arrivals, late departures, VIP guests and additional amenity requests.
- Coordinate with the Reservations Team and Groups Coordinator to assist with efficient arrival and departure processes, along with managing guest
- Manage telephone calls, emails and other information channels to ensure all information and requests are logged and communicated promptly and accurately to provide proper delivery of service for
- Maintain effective record and filling systems; completing all administrative reports accurately and in a timely
- Communicate all operational concerns to Management and address all day-to-day operational concerns.
- Liaise with the Maintenance department to ensure timely reporting of issues as well as receiving confirmation of completion and updating the relevant
- Be knowledgeable of all guest services and amenities, housekeeping services, resort areas, features, and hours of
- Assist with inspections and audits of units as well as processing of guest arrivals and departures as required.
- Follow all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Follow departmental policies, procedures, and service standards
- Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
- Previous experience is considered an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly organized, energetic, and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks, work independently and part of a team in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must possess strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, and maintain control over workloads
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Must have the ability to organize files and office systems
- Must possess the ability to make informed decisions through organizing, planning, and taking ownership for requests
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office Suite, property management systems
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- The ability to stand for longer periods (up to 6hours in an 8hour work day), walk regularly with occasional kneeling, sitting, pushing, pulling and
- Light work – Exerting force of up to 20 lb occasionally, 10 lb frequently, occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing, or otherwise moving
- Occasional ascending and descending of stairs and ramps
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
© 2020 Cape Breton University