To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the CBU campus is closed to the general public. For information on CBU's full response to COVID-19 visit, www.cbu.ca/covid19.
Summer Co-op: Accounting Intern, Inventory Control
18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
February 10, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Cabot is offering a paid student internship. The program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training. This position will take the lead in retail inventory control measures and will ensure all relevant documentation is current and accurate.
- Review/Reconcile inventory components of Balance Sheet
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- Work within the Accounting team to develop inventory tracking and reporting best-practices
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of best practices in the execution and reporting of Retail Sales operations
- Work with and understand the POS system, Yellow Dog inventory management system, Great Plains accounting software, and Shopify (Cabot’s online web based store)
- Monitor, evaluate and approve the invoices in Great Plains accounting software which will populate as a result of software integration between YellowDog and Great Plains.
- Lead the inventory counts and reconciliation at month end in accordance with inventory procedures
- Complete spot checks on inventory counts, and provide Director, Golf Operations with Inventory completion report
- Controlling retail inventory; receiving, cross referencing purchase orders, preparation and conducting monthly inventories, and resolving any variances or discrepancies – this includes alerting the supervisors of any re-order points
- Assist in the execution and monitoring of online sales, and inventory control
- Committing Purchase Orders, Receipts and Invoices in YellowDog inventory management system
- Help with arranging and displaying golf shop merchandise
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cape Breton University