Summer 2021 / Co-op: Assistant Coordinator – Storytellers Gallery (Judique Historical Society)
Judique, Nova Scotia
March 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Storytellers Gallery (Judique Historical Society) – Funding dependent
Assistant Coordinator – University student
Preferred field – Communications, Business. Interest in heritage, Celtic culture.
Under mentorship of Board members, volunteers, and Coordinator.
End-April – August 2021 Assist coordinator with:
- Strategic Planning/Research: Identify and follow up on opportunities for funding (grants/major donors & foundations/other funding). Research, compile and schedule related recurring tasks.
- Strategic Planning/Business/Accounting: Set up of ice cream sales area (assist with ordering, receiving, physical setup, accounting, etc.) Potential for serving ice cream alternate weekends/times. Assist with serving customers during busy day times. Work with other students.
- Event Planning: Prep/coordinate/assist with Summer Traditional Harvest Seniors Workshops and any other workshops/classes held.
- Event Planning: Coordinate/promote summer bulb floral fundraising – track any non-online payments and distribute bulbs on arrival. Track payments/pickup.
- Event Planning: Plan/coordinate indoor/outdoor ceilidhs with link to community walk (Covid dependent).
- Event Planning: Coordinate large fall tulip planting event with partner Museum, partner farm, and schools. Plan for fall school visits/partnerships.
- Promo Print Production: Create of promotional 16-month historical calendar with dates starting September 2021. Seek/track donations/funds. Liaise with volunteer re: production/promotion/distribution.
- Social Media/Writing – Update facebook page, setting up donations/links/initiating other social media as required. Investigate/set up website. Identify potential for digital/technological improvements.
- Administrative: Assist archivist with scanning/uploading/storage of museum photos/documents/files.
- Research/Promotion: Research, compile and identify any promotional opportunities, including research on other museums and museum associations.
- Strategic/Administrative: Help compile policies/procedures calendar with deadlines and requirements for recurring requirements such as rebate applications, membership renewals and reporting (RJSC, Museum associations), etc.
- Promotional/Budgeting: Exterior Signage – Investigate permits, license, costs, designs.
- Promotional/Administrative: Coordinate membership list, initiate membership campaign, generate ideas.
- Writing: Write grant applications, liaising with Board members/volunteers
- Evaluation: Create/administer visitor evaluation method (likely survey) (Covid dependent).
Other duties as required:
- Greet visitors and refer them to archivist/Board/other volunteers for information.
- Basic building cleaning/heat control/open & close duties/liaison with caretaker.
- Maintain contact tracing list for COVID regulations. Encourage visitors to follow regulations.
- Report on all activities regularly.
Requirement: Cursive writing skills – read & write (for historic documents). Own transportation.
Note: Judique is in rural Cape Breton, 20 min from Canso Causeway, by Celtic Shores Coastal Trail, 5 min walk to Celtic Music Interpretive Centre. 15 mins from famed Port Hood Beaches. 45 min to Cabot Links Golf Course. https://www.facebook.com/StorytellersGalleryJudique/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com