STUDENT PRACTICUM: MIDDLESEX-LONDON HEALTH UNIT PUBLIC HEALTH INSPECTOR
February 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm
|The Middlesex-London Health Unit is seeking motivated, self-directed students for field training in Public Health Inspection within the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases Division. Practicum positions are available for a 16-week employment period, from May 4, 2020 to August 21, 2020. The hourly rate will be $19.67 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay) for a 35-hour work week.
Under the direction of the Manager, Safe Water, Rabies and Vector Borne Disease, the successful incumbents will:
- Conduct compliance inspections in recreational water, food safety, personal service settings;
- Investigate health hazard complaints and animal bite incidents;
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Manager;
- Participate in Vector Borne Disease program activities; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Enrolment in or graduated from an Environmental Health/Public Health Program.
- Candidates must be eligible to sit for the Canadian Institute of Public Health exam in October 2020
- Proficiency in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, and database software.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to act in a calm and professional manner
- Possession of a current and valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- Possession of a valid Class “G” driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle for work-related purposes is required.
- Capable of working independently.
- Availability to work flexible hours and/or on weekends.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
- Candidates must be available during reading week (February 18, 2020 to February 21, 2020) to attend scheduled interviews
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by February 1, 2020 quoting posting # PHISTU-0120-02.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.