Student Intern, Supply Chain Management (Procurement)
January 29, 2020
8 Months Internship
When you join Celestica, it’s more than just a job. It’s about being part of a team of uniquely talented and forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s about joining a leading global company that enables the world’s best brands, and contributing to our innovative and collaborative solutions that help our customers unlock the potential of the future.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$6 billion global leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, we bring global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from the drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services. Through our unrivalled customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in aerospace and defense, communications, enterprise, healthtech, industrial, semiconductor capital equipment, and smart energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges.
Our global network spans 14 countries with 26,000 employees across the Americas, Europe and Asia. At our Toronto headquarters, we are focused on attracting top talent into our organization, including interns from universities and colleges throughout Southern Ontario.
Celestica’s internship program provides students with valuable development through real-life work experience, exciting projects and networking with industry professionals.
Benefits for Students Include:
- Experience working for one of the largest Canadian global technology companies
- Possibility of a student on-call position after completion of internship
- Possibility of a full-time position after completion of degree
- Access to Celestica’s development programs and projects
- Celestica’s Time Off to Volunteer program – 16 paid hours off to volunteer per year
- Fun intern activities including celebration events and networking
- Internal recognition programs and rewards for stellar performance
- Discounted GoodLife Fitness memberships
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity: Job experience at a large Canadian-based global company
- Innovation: We look to our employees to implement new ideas and improve the way we do things
- Collaboration: Students work as part of global teams, empowered by collaborative technology
- Sustainability: We uphold strong ethics, reduce our impact on the environment and empower employees to give back to the community with two paid days off per year to volunteer
- Development opportunities: including soft skills courses, innovation projects and mentorship
- Networking: Our students have the opportunity to network and develop lasting relationships with the intern community and their team members
- Fun: Our interns have the opportunity to participate in fun activities including intern social events, Celestica’s charitable initiatives and our Spirit Week activities
As this position involves work that is subject to the Canadian Government’s Controlled Goods Program (CGP), your employment offer is conditional upon the successful completion of a security assessment by Celestica and/or its authorized agents, per the Controlled Goods Regulations.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Maintain or research a supplier a product/part level.
- Research component/part pricing as a trend.
- Create presentations and reports using Excel, Access & PowerPoint.
- Understanding supply chain metrics related to cost/ price benchmarking, inventory management and lead times.
- Assisting a team of commodity managers on day to day activities.
- Send and negotiate quote tenders with suppliers to establish cost and set pricing.
- Will have exposure to SAP and internal databases and applications. In some case will work with business and IT to maintain and develop new applications.
- Consolidates, tabulates, analyzes and reports on various topics, commitments and performance metrics.
- Work is guided by detailed instructions, routines, and procedures. Works under close supervision and receives detailed instructions on all work assignments. Once proficiency in the tasks is achieved intern will work autonomously and be given more complex duties. Will work directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members.
- Will work with colleagues and suppliers around the globe gaining international experience.
The employee will develop the following skills:
- Supply chain business practices
- Communication skills
- Detailed Analytical skills
- Advance proficiency in various Microsoft products ( Esp Excel )
- Project management experience
- Global site interaction
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
- Basic manufacturing system knowledge
Area: Supply Chain Management
Start Date: May 2020
Location: 5140 Yonge Street, Toronto
Experience: No formal experience is required.
Education: Currently enrolled in a University Internship program completing 3rd year of a 4-year program. Enrolment in an Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics and Business Management is preferred.
At Celestica, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Supply, Engineer, ERP, Procurement, Operations, Engineering, Technology