Conditions of employment are any requirements that must be met or complied before being hired to a particular position and are to be maintained throughout the employment.
A) For certain locations, you will be asked to obtain the following on your own time prior to employment:
1. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that allows you to drive a motor vehicle in Canada (where required)
B) If you are considered for employment, you will need to obtain and maintain (CBSA will coordinate the appropriate administrative processes):
1. secret security clearance (digital fingerprints) 2. transportation Security Clearance (where required) 3. successful completion of requirements to carry, use and maintain CBSA issued defensive equipment (where required) 4. meet the expected medical standard (where required)
You must accept the following:
1. wear and maintain a uniform as per CBSA Uniform Policy and Standard of Appearance 2. work various shifts, including weekends and holidays 3. work overtime (where required) 4. operate a government vehicle (where required)
If you are ready to embrace this challenging but rewarding opportunity, submit your application (including your résumé), indicating the following:
Area of study: Various. Preference may be given to students studying in a field related to the job, such as: criminology, law, safety/security studies, psychology, sociology, customs border services or police studies.
Your preferred work location. CBSA postal services and international airports are located in the following cities:
British Columbia: Richmond (Vancouver International Airport, CBSA Mail Centre), Abbotsford (Abbotsford International Airport), Alberta: Calgary (Calgary International Airport), Edmonton (Edmonton International Airport), Saskatchewan: Regina (Regina International Airport), Saskatoon (John G. Diefenbaker International Airport), Manitoba: Winnipeg (James Armstrong Richardson International Airport), Ontario: Hamilton (Hamilton International Airport), Mississauga (International Mail Processing Centre, Toronto Pearson International Airport), Ottawa (Macdonald-Cartier International Airport), Toronto (Billy Bishop International Airport), Quebec: Dorval (Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport), Montréal Island (International Mail Processing Centre Léo Blanchette), Québec City (Jean Lesage International Airport), New Brunswick : Fredericton (Fredericton International Airport), Moncton (Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport), Nova Scotia: Halifax (Stanfield International Airport), Prince Edward Island: Charlottetown (Charlottetown Airport), Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s (St. John’s International Airport).
The ideal post-secondary candidate must be able to:
• critically analyze and weigh various elements of situations to come to a desired outcome in various settings • adopt a client approach by demonstrating interest in the client’s needs and expectations while solving problematic situations • pay attention to verbal and non-verbal indicators and validate understanding prior to making a decision • communicate effectively • use cognitive abilities when addressing a situation
The CBSA is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to self-identify if you belong to one of the following targeted Employment Equity groups, when you apply: Aboriginal peoples, Women.
You must meet the FSWEP eligibility criteria:
• you are a full-time CEGEP, college or university student • you are returning to full-time studies in the next academic year • you meet the minimum age requirement in the province/territory of work
Note: Preference will be given to Canadian citizens who meet the job requirements.
Various Locations across Canada:
Are you ready for a job on the front line?
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is proud to give you an opportunity to gain law enforcement experience as a Student Border Services Officer (SBSO).
You will make a difference by:
• ensuring the safety and prosperity of Canada • working in a rewarding, dynamic and motivating environment • being offered a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills • learning and enforcing 101 laws and regulations in various fields – we will help you build an expertise!
Follow the link to apply.