A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
Sobeys Corporate Office in Stellarton, NS is currently recruiting College/University students for our Summer Student Program. This program offers several student positions (from May – September) for current College/University students as well as recent/upcoming graduates.
Working in the Sobeys Corporate Office, students will have an opportunity to develop skills in an office environment, acquire valuable work experience, and gain exposure to a large national company. Opportunities exist in a variety of departments such as:
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Real Estate
*Please indicate your top 3 areas of interest on your application*
• Currently enrolled in a College or University program, with at least the first year of studies completed, and returning to full-time studies in September 2020 or a recent/upcoming graduate. (preference for students in a business/commerce program (or related field), or those with Retail experience)
To be a good fit for a corporate position with Sobeys you also have:
• Demonstrated a strong commitment to customer service
• The ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the overall success of the group
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships
• Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
• The ability to adapt, prioritize tasks, maintain focus, and understand and resolve issues
• Strong business acumen
• The desire to improve processes, think broadly, and show drive and initiative
• Computer skills in MS Office (Excel)
Please ensure you include the following information in your application:
• Your school name, program of study, major, and graduation date
• Copy of your unofficial transcripts (instructions on how to attach below)
• Your work and volunteer experience
• Your experience/skill in various computer programs
• Any unique skills or qualifications you may have
• Any scholarships you have received
• Your interest in a particular type of work/department (i.e.: Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc…)
Any type of document can be attached to your profile (such as cover letters, transcripts, reference letters, etc.) but the system is limited to accept two attachments at any one time. If you combine cover letters, resumes, transcripts into one Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) file, it will only count as one file.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.