Recent or Potential Grads: School Liaison – Person of First Nations heritage
multiple locations / work from home
January 25, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Title of Position: School Liaison – Person of First Nations heritage
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Salary Range: 39,000-43,000
Office Location: multiple locations / work from home
Designation: This position is designated for peoples of First Nations heritage
Start Date: January 25th, 2021
The Northside Employment & Resource Centre is a Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centre. We have been delivering employment-related programs and services to both job seekers and employers in our community for 25 years.
Our organization is seeking an individual who is passionate about assisting Nova Scotia public school students in understanding and preparing for the needs of the province’s job market.
The School Liaison serves a pivotal role within the Nova Scotia Works Employment Services model by supporting students in Grade 7-12 and their families in exploring career options, understanding the Nova Scotia labour market information and how these connect to school choices.
- Identify services and tools needed to support student and labour market connections
- Plan, promote and deliver career supports
- Promote and deliver Let’s Talk Careers program at the Junior and Senior High School levels
- Provide individualized and/or group career support to students and families
- Use career software platforms to navigate labour market information, employment opportunities and to explore required workplace expectations
- Navigation of employment and career planning resources needed to achieve career goals
- Delivery of student workshops focused on essential and employability skills that align with LMI, workplace expectations and job opportunities
- Provision, navigation and interpretation of current and relevant Labour Market Information to students and families
- Work collaboratively across the province to share resources and deliver virtual offerings to tap expertise and created delivery efficiencies and opportunities
- Must have or be willing to attain the Certified Career Development Practitioner designation
- Must have or be willing to attain the Case Manager Specialization Certification
- Degree or Post-secondary Education in Human Services or related field of study or a combination of education and work related/community and volunteer experience
- A clean criminal record check/vulnerable sector check
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends on occasion
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of community organizations, service providers, and referral agencies
- Ability to access and effectively use information and communications technology (Microsoft Office applications and online communications tools)
- Strong networking and effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and judgment skills
- Demonstrates practice of inclusion, ethical decision making and respect for diversity
- Commitment to professional development and career self-management
Nova Scotia Works – NEDAC is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce through equitable participation of persons from diverse groups. All applicants who are members of an employment equity group are encouraged to self-identify.
*This position is designated for peoples of First Nations heritage
Email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word format, merged into one document to Jacqueline Holmes at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 4:30pm on January 8th, 2021
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.