RECENT OR POTENTIAL GRADS: INTERCONTINENTAL TORONTO YORKVILLE FULL-TIME SALES COORDINATOR
January 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements.
- Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc.
- Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate.
- Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some College preferred.
- Must speak and write fluent English.
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility; Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills; Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount, medical benefits and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.