Guest Experience Ambassador (Front Office)
Located in the absolute centre of downtown in the vibrant Halifax waterfront, in the heart of the new
Queen’s Marque district, Muir offers elevated hospitality inspired by the spirit, culture and natural
beauty of Nova Scotia. In each of our departments, our team shares a common goal – providing an
exceptional customer experience in a clean, comfortable environment. If you are passionate about a
career in hospitality and want to join a team that shares this common goal, the Muir is presently seeking
a Guest Experience Ambassador.
• Eligible for $500 signing bonus upon completion of probationary period.
• Payment for on call shifts even when you are not called in.
• Evening shift premiums.
• Eligible for shift premiums based on our self-inspection program.
• Eligible for shift premiums based on hotel capacity.
• Access to our employee development/education reimbursement program.
• Company scholarship program for employees and family members.
• Flexible work schedule.
• One earned day off every two months based on attendance.
• 50% reimbursement of monthly transit pass.
• Access to our gym and fitness facilities.
• Shoe allowance of $100 per year.
• Uniform dry cleaning.
• Eligible for the annual company bonus program.
• Comprehensive Extended, Health, and Dental benefits.
• Opportunity to Participate in the Employer sponsored retirement savings program.
• Access to Marriott employee travel benefits.
• Employee centric back of house experience.
Shifts: Vary in their start and end time and can change due to the needs of our guests. A mixture of
days, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, with dotted line to Guest Experience Manager, the Guest
Experience Ambassador is the welcoming face of Muir, and a crucial part of the primary
contact team that addresses guests needs while providing an ultra-Luxury service. Objective is to know
the guest and create memorable experiences. Within Halifax and Nova Scotia, they must know and
support those who support the concierge function; tour companies, theatre, restaurants, travel
The Guest Experience Ambassador is responsible for ensuring that the check-in/checkout of Muir guests is done courteously and efficiently, processing all payments according to
established requirements and following most elevated service standards. The Guest Experience
Ambassador handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism,
accommodating special requests. The Guest Experience Ambassador;
• Prepares for guest arrival by co-ordinating with the CORE, Front Office, and Housekeeping
• Provides outstanding customer service to all guests, owners, and visitors of the hotel in a
friendly, proactive and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary
• Aware of special owner VIP relationships within the local Nova Scotian community
• Builds an extensive knowledge base of local area restaurants, shops, attractions, transportation
options, and airport
• Maintains a positive and professional relationship with all vendors and merchants
• Holds and delivers correspondence to the front desk for guests prior to arrival
• Act as an ambassador to the hotel and ensure that guests are receiving an unparalleled
• Input and access guest data in computer (PMS), making reservations, check-in and check-out
guests as needed and develop and update the guest history, collecting preferences
• Be aware of the status of the availability of rooms at the hotel on any given day to ensure
revenue is maximized
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries with a focus on guests’ needs, remaining calm and
• Work with the required computer systems, such as Lightspeed, Marriott guest response &
• Be familiar with Marriott Bonvoy Guest Loyalty program
Your experience and skills include:
• 1 to 2 years of luxury hotel or other service experience preferred
• Familiarity with location, neighbourhood, and local attractions including restaurants, bars, and
nightlife is a plus
• Working knowledge of office software, point-of-sale, and phone systems an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong follow through skills
• Excellent people skills and the ability to interact with all guests and owners, internal and
external, effectively with tact and diplomacy while maintaining discretion
• True desire to satisfy the needs of guests in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to suggest a wide variety of suggestions for guest entertainment
Your Team and working environment:
• Fast-paced new build luxury hotel
• Located in the heart of the vibrant Halifax waterfront, minutes away from the Dartmouth ferry
• A team of like-minded hospitality professionals that share a passion for service
• Back of house experience that puts employees first
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract,
recruit, and promote diverse talent.
APPLY TODAY: For more information on the opportunities at the Muir Hotel, please visit
www.muirhotel.com or send your resume to HR@MuirHotel.com