Summer 2021 Co-op : Communications and Marketing Assistant – CB Partnership
Sydney, Nova Scotia
April 24, 2021 at 11:59 pm
The Cape Breton Partnership is Cape Breton / Unama’ki’s private sector-led economic development organization that supports companies and entrepreneurs by promoting our island as a great place to live and invest; growing & celebrating a culture that values creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship; and connecting entrepreneurs and companies to the resources they need to succeed.
The Cape Breton Partnership envisions a thriving Cape Breton/Unama’ki and to realize this vision, they aim to transform Cape Breton/Unama’ki into the most creative and prosperous place on earth.
To accomplish this, the Cape Breton Partnership is looking to hire a dynamic and multi-talented Marketing and Communications Assistant who will support the Partnership’s initiatives and activities related to internal and external communications, as well as assist with the development and implementation of a broad range of communication and marketing strategies that support the organization amongst key stakeholders.
In this position, you will be given the opportunity to develop your writing, communications and marketing coordination, and essential communication planning skills, while being a key part of a dynamic, fast-paced team.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications and Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting and assisting the communications and marketing functions of the Cape Breton Partnership’s various initiatives and programs.
- Identify and deploy public relations strategies, including developing a wide variety of content and tools tailored to various audiences (i.e. ads, interviews, media releases, newsletters, editorial, social media, website, annual reports, community presentations/talks);
- Assist with the development of communications plans for various internal initiatives;
- Research, write, and edit clear, concise, and engaging copy;
- Create, maintain, and evaluate new and existing marketing and communications materials and activities related to print and digital advertising, social media, websites, email marketing, and public relations;
- Recommend improvements for impact, efficiencies, and cost effectiveness;
- Coordinate, write, and distribute the Partnership’s multiple electronic newsletters;
- Confidently take dense, process-driven content and communicate it to non-subject matter experts;
- Provide general administrative support to the Communications and Marketing Department, including photocopying, filing, responding to and/or directing correspondence to staff including email, meeting, or media event set-up and coordination;
- Monitors mainstream media and social media channels for news and information;
- Attend weekly communications/marketing staff meetings; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Marketing/Communications, or a Bachelor of Public Relations;
- Have strong writing, editing, content management, and communication experience,
- Have business-related social media experience;
- Are friendly, professional, enthusiastic, and enjoy hard work;
- Are very organized and manage your time well;
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time;
- Can work both as part of a team and independently;
- Can take direction and initiative as needed;
- Are a great writer and editor;
- Are a wizard at Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (bonus points for InDesign or Illustrator);
- Have a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Are able to work flexible hours as needed.
Nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Have prior public relations/communications and marketing experience;
- Knowledge of InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop is an asset;
- Knowledge of social media, website trends, and analytics; and
- Experience with Slack, Asana, Eventbrite, and/or other project management and business related tools and software.
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
Students will learn:
- How to create communications, marketing, and media materials and collateral;
- Details for planning a successful event; and
- How to draft and update social media and website content.
April 15, 2021 – August 15, 2021
$15 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply