To help stop the spread of COVID-19, CBU's Fall Semester is completely online, and campus is closed to the general public. Learn more about CBU's response to COVID-19:
Office Administrator and Executive Assistant to Clinical Psychologist
November 30, 2019 at 5:00 pm
CRUX Psychology’s practitioners provide expert individual therapy, couples therapy and assessment services backed by science and delivered with compassion. Dr. Simon Sherry is the Chief Psychologist at CRUX Psychology. He is recognized for his expertise in both clinical practice and scientific research. Dr. Sherry combines compassion with science to create effective, long-lasting solutions that help his clients live more fulfilling lives. Dr. Sherry is a tenured Professor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at Dalhousie University, where he directs research on the role of personality in relationship problems, depression, anxiety, eating disorders and alcohol problems. He is a well-cited author with more than 105 scientific articles to his credit and an internationally recognized expert in perfectionism. For more information about CRUX Psychology or Dr. Simon Sherry, visit cruxpsychology.ca.
CRUX Psychology is currently seeking a qualified officer administrator who has the ability to build rapport with clients, act in a professional and competent manner, possess a strong work ethic and have an exceptional eye for detail. Reporting to the Practice Manager and Chief Psychologist, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn new tasks. The office administrator must be punctual and reliable and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Previous medical office experience would be preferred. Executive assistant duties (outlined below) are also an essential part of this position.
Officer Administrator Duties:
- Communicate with clients, staff and stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries, relay messages and information accurately, with follow-up as required.
- Coordinate the scheduling of client appointments including responding to cancellations, maintaining active waitlists.
- Maintain office filing system, forms and records to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of material.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist clients with payment for therapy sessions, reports or other services.
- Direct bill insurance companies when applicable.
- Check-in clients upon arrival.
- Attend clinic meetings as required.
- Manage and maintain client database(s), including data entry.
- Manage inventory of clinical supplies and places orders as required.
- Handle highly sensitive information and maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain office policy documents and make updates as required.
- Maintain office equipment, including computers and copy machines.
- Additional duties upon request.
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Draft letters, emails or other correspondence.
- Transcribe reports and other material when requested.
- Schedule appointments and prepare background material for meetings.
- Research topics as directed.
- Complete personal, family-related, and business-related errands.
- Manage personal emails, daily agenda and google calendar when appropriate.
- Minimum of two-years experience in a customer service or administrative role, preferably in a clinic or an office environment, considered an asset.
- A university degree or college diploma from a relevant discipline considered an asset.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other business software applications and systems.
- Trustworthy and discreet in reference to confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Career and achievement focussed.
- Organized and work under tight timeframes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Polite, thoughtful, kind and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Hours & Salary:
35 hours per week at $15-$18 per hour depending upon experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Sherry, CRUX Psychology Practice Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on November 30, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
© 2020 Cape Breton University