To help stop the spread of COVID-19, CBU's September semester is completely online, and campus is closed to the general public. Learn more about CBU's response to COVID-19:
Financial Services Assistant Co-op (Summer 2020)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
March 26, 2020 at 11:00 pm
With over 50 years of physician-focused experience, MD has one main goal: to help Canada physicians and their families achieve financial well-being. Our commitment to work/life integration, employee well-being and ongoing learning are key factors that contribute to our overall success. For the sixth consecutive year, MD Financial Management has been recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America. The annual award, given by Achievers—an industry-leading provider of employee recognition and engagement solutions—commends top employers that display leadership and innovation in engaging their workforces.
This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative and operational support within the regional office. The successful candidate will be expected to understand and maintain a high standard of privacy and professionalism in dealing with sensitive client information.
What you will do:
- Working closely with all lines of business, Team Leads, Administrative Staff and other Team members within the Region
- Participate in special projects as requested
- Coordinate and execute on a variety of regional initiatives; including Seminars, Client Forums and Professional Development Days.
- Perform regular relief duties as needed, including answering the telephone (main backup for the receptionist), greeting clients and booking appointments.
- Organizing client files, purging documents and sending relevant information to clients
- Eliminating outdated or unnecessary material
- Arrange files according to the established system
What you will need:
- High School Degree required. Business Degree in progress.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably with a financial services company is a definite asset.
- Technologically savvy with excellent computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
What you bring:
- Well-organized with high energy, effective communication skills
- Enjoys a fast pace environment and is highly professional.
- Extremely client-centric.
- Team player with a desire to consistently create a positive work environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail
To apply, click here.
© 2020 Cape Breton University