Starting: As soon as possible
Saturdays & Sundays, 12-4PM
Location: Nova Scotia First Nation Communities
Pay: $20/hr (4-8 hrs a week) +Hotel accommodation & gas are covered
Digital Mi’kmaq is looking for energetic, passionately committed, and tech-savvy individuals to join our team of digital educators to assist in the facilitation of our Digital Maker Lab programs in First Nation communities across Nova Scotia.These specialized project-based programs focus on introducing students in grades 7-12 to animation, engineering and cyber security with a goal to enter international competitions.
Digital Mi’kmaq is a new grassroots, Indigenous-led initiative that aims to create new and lasting opportunities for Indigenous youth through the interplay of science, culture, education and digital skills. Having launched in 2018, Digital Mi’kmaq has reached over 10k Indigenous youth in Nova Scotia.
Whether your a student, seasoned professional or recent grad with a drive to share your knowledge and experience in these fields, please send your resume to email@example.com.
• Experience working with youth is preferred.
• Assist running the clubs on weekends.
• Ability to travel to and from communities.
• Complete a criminal record check prior to being hired • Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
• Help deliver a STEAM-focused club to Indigenous children and youth throughout Nova Scotia.
• Engage students in grades 7-12 in a variety of STEAM subjects, including computer science, animation, and engineering.
• Provide mentorship through the sharing of knowledge, digital expertise, technological proficiency and creativity.
• Maintain a strong attention to detail in all aspects of program delivery, ensuring all students receive great learning experiences.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with teachers, staff and community members • Comfortable working with technology in a creative learning environment.
• You are respectful, culturally aware, honest and reliable.
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more,visit: www.digitalmikmaq.com