Council of the Federation Intern
February 18, 2020 at 11:00 pm
The Council of the Federation (COF) is currently seeking a 14-month Intern to join our Secretariat team! This position is based in Ottawa, ON, starting May 2020. The intern will receive a $40,000 annual salary, along with relocation expenses up to a maximum of $3,000.
In this role, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the Canadian federation
- Improve your ability to capture and debrief policy discussions by drafting meeting minutes, briefing notes, correspondence, speaking notes, etc.
- Undertake research and provide report summaries as needed for COF meetings, international missions, and various office projects/initiatives
- Travel to different parts of Canada to assist with the planning and hands-on support of meetings of Premiers and senior officials
- Assist in various COF initiatives, including the COF Literacy Award
- Help create digital content in support of the COF mandate
- Provide English/French translationsand proofread documents
- Work as part of a small, highly dedicated team in a professional office environment
- Benefit from professional development and mentoring opportunities
Requirements / Required Qualifications:
- 25 or younger
- A graduate from a recognized university
- Able to communicate in both English and French
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Interest in Canadian politics and federalism
- A team player, fast-learner and willing to try new tasks
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and computer skills
- Customer service skills
If you are interested in working with us and motivated by personal and professional growth, then this internship is a match for you. Visit http://www.canadaspremiers.ca/youth-internship-program/to download the application form. Please email your completed application form along with:
- your resume
- you letter of interest
- a 200-word writing assignment, and
- copies of all held university transcripts
to: firstname.lastname@example.org later than February 19, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those shortlisted will be contacted.