COOP Intern – Operations (Supply Chain)
January 27, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization?
If so, you have a future at PepsiCo. As a world class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store.
To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference.
Taste the success with Canada’s fastest growing consumer packaged goods company, and discover how our passion for growth creates big challenges – and big opportunities – personally and professionally.
The Manufacturing Supply Chain Leader COOP position is the key link to frontline technicians in the Kentville Manufacturing facility. This role helps to enable the activities of the team to ensure the highest quality product arrives at the right customer, at the right time.
- In cooperation with other Manufacturing and Warehouse Leaders, provide functional leadership, coaching and technical support in our manufacturing operation
- Support a team of up to 30 hourly associates with varying levels of experience and technical skills
- Support people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety
- Support the team in solving routine operational issues
- Support the team in achieving established performance targets
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Complete an assigned site project and demonstrate your learning objectives through an end of term presentation to the site leadership team
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and achieving results through others
- Experience coaching and leading teams an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment under minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills
- Flexible – willingness to work off shifts and weekends
- Team based approach to decision making
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Development of leadership skills & technical capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of Food Manufacturing.
Job Type: Temporary
Click here to apply.