To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the CBU campus is closed to the general public. For information on CBU's full response to COVID-19 visit, www.cbu.ca/covid19.
Co-op: Communications and Marketing Assistant, Cape Breton Partnership
Sydney, Nova Scotia
November 8, 2019 at 11:00 pm
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Officer, the Communications and Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting and assisting the communications and marketing functions of the Cape Breton Partnership’s various initiatives and programs.
- Identify and deploy public relations strategies, including developing a wide variety of content and tools tailored to various audiences (i.e. ads, interviews, media releases, newsletters, editorial, social media, website, annual reports, community presentations/talks);
- Assist with the development of communications plans for various internal initiatives;
- Research, write, and edit clear, concise, and engaging copy;
- Create, maintain, and evaluate new and existing marketing and communications materials and activitiesrelated to print and digital advertising, social media, websites, email marketing, and public relations;
- Recommend improvements for impact, efficiencies, and cost effectiveness;
- Coordinate, write, and distribute the Partnership’s multiple electronic newsletters;
- Be able to confidently take dense, process-driven content and communicate it to non-subject matterexperts;
- Provide general administrative support to the Communications and Marketing Department, includingphotocopying, filing, responding to and/or directing correspondence to staff including email, meeting, ormedia event set-up and coordination;
- Monitors mainstream media and social media channels for news and information;
- Attend weekly communications/marketing staff meetings; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Marketing/Communications, or a Bachelor of Public Relations;
- Have strong writing, editing, content management, and communication experience,
- Have business-related social media experience;
- Are friendly, professional, enthusiastic, and enjoy hard work;
- Are very organized and manage your time well;
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time;
- Can work both as part of a team and independently;
- Can take direction and initiative as needed;
- Are a great writer and editor;
- Are a wizard at Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (bonus points for InDesign or Illustrator);
- Have a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Are able to work flexible hours as needed.
Nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Have prior public relations/communications and marketing experience;
- Knowledge of InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop is an asset;
- Knowledge of social media, website trends, and analytics; and
- Experience with Slack, Asana, Eventbrite, and/or other project management and business related toolsand software.
Students will learn:
- How to create communications, marketing, and media materials and collateral;
- Details for planning a successful event; and
- How to draft and update social media and website content.
January 6, 2020 – April, 24, 2020
$15 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cape Breton University