To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the CBU campus is closed to the general public. For information on CBU's full response to COVID-19 visit, www.cbu.ca/covid19.
Summer Co-op: Accounting Intern
18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
February 10, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Cabot’s Corporate Accounting Department is offering a paid student internship. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of Accounting functions via on-the-job training.
Cash management including:
- Review daily cash drops by department
- Reconcile nightly credit card settlements to bank deposits o Complete bank deposits and withdrawals
- Coordinate float management and accounting for tips
Assist with office administration duties:
- Enter expenses into accounting system in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Liaise with department heads where there are discrepancies in payments
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and service standards
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a Major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level
- Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cape Breton University