To help stop the spread of COVID-19, CBU's Fall Semester is completely online, and campus is closed to the general public. Learn more about CBU's response to COVID-19:
BHTM Summer Internship: Cabot Links Villa/Residence Attendant
January 15, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
As a Villa Attendant at Cabot, you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for every guest, ensuring that guest villas are comfortable, inviting and clean. The ideal candidate must have a true passion for providing a high level of customer service, be organized, and attentive to details.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Clean all assigned villas including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish villas with supplies, check villa inventories.
- Sign in and out master keys daily
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Update and record all cleaned villas
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guest villas (e.g. Ice buckets)
- Assist guests with information on resort amenities and directions
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles into the Housekeeping Office
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure amenities and villa storage area is clean and tidy for inspection and up to standard for safety
- Regular care of fine furniture, including spot and/or stain removal, and fine art pieces
- Evening duties include nightly turn-down service
- Resort Custodian duties when required
- Report necessary repair items to Maintenance department, this includes but is not limited to damaged/burned out light bulbs, dripping faucets, running toilets, etc.
- Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Positive attitude and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to handle multiple duties under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Spending long hours moving, walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 35 lb
- Occasional ascending or descending, stairs and ramps
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca
© 2020 Cape Breton University