To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the CBU campus is closed to the general public. For information on CBU's full response to COVID-19 visit, www.cbu.ca/covid19.
BHTM Students: Summer Internship Room Attendant
Position: Room Attendant
Reports to: Executive Housekeeper
The main functions of the housekeeping room attendant are providing our guests with the best possible experience, by providing clean & comfortable accommodations. Do you like to take care of others and make them happy? Do you like the feeling you get when you see the results of your efforts shining? Then you will be very happy working in housekeeping where a team of friendly hard working room attendants and housepersons present each guest with a piece of “home”. Guests come to hotels looking for a clean room and a good night’s sleep -you are key in making that happen. As a room attendant you have high attention to detail and love to go the extra mile for our guests.
- Be Meticulous – maintain clean and attractive guestrooms, i.e. make beds, change linens, clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure our rooms meet or exceed hotel/franchise standards.
- Focus on Details – ensure windows are shining, towels are folded correctly, supplies are restocked, closets are neat and clean with the right amount of hangers, etc. – precision is key!
- Be Organized – ensure your housekeeping closet and cart area ready to go!
- Be a Team Player – help your coworkers by pitching, training new staff, participating in department events.
- Be a Housekeeping Ambassador – Share a warm greeting and a smile with all the guests you encounter (and hopefully they will smile and say hello right back).
- Be a Safety & Security Agent – follow your hotel’s established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and call management as needed.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly in English
Tools & Equipment
- Housekeeping cart
- Vacuum/broom, duster, rags, window cleaner, furniture polish, all purpose cleaner, disinfectant cleaner, air freshener, gloves, sponge, air conditioner, keys, extension cord, assignment papers, laundry chute, and elevators
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests
Duties & Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with New Castle standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Thoroughly clean and re-stock guestrooms to New Castle Standards.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
- Remove all trash and dirty linen from all guestrooms.
- Report all lost and found items to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately.
- Keep all hallways, public areas, and closets clean, neat, broomed and vacuumed.
- Prepare housekeeping cleaning cart for next day’s use.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor or Manager.
This is a day position only (8:00-4:30, 9:00-5:30), weekends and holidays expected to work, starting wage $12.25. All resumes can be emailed to directly to email@example.com
© 2020 Cape Breton University