Cape Breton University accepts the following methods of payment:
For students making a payment within Canada, please see the below payment options.
To make a payment using online banking:
- Log into your bank’s website
- Select the option to make a payment
- Add Cape Breton University as the payee (full university name required)
- Use your CBU Student ID Number as account number
- Double check account number for typing errors to ensure payment is applied to proper student account
- Enter payment amount
Please allow 2-3 business days for online banking payments to be posted to student account
Cash/Debit – Payable in person at CBU Registrar’s Office.
Certified Cheque or Money Order – Important: Cape Breton University does not accept personal cheques.
Making a payment from outside of Canada?
Great news! Beginning December 12th, 2017, Cape Breton University has partnered with CIBC to allow international students to seamlessly transfer funds to CBU. CIBC International Student Pay is a new secure online portal for international students to make arrangement for payments to Cape Breton University in the student’s local currency.
Benefits of using CIBC International Student Pay:
- Enhanced Student Experience: Easily make a tuition payment in your preferred currency.
- Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: With CIBC International Student Pay, you’ll have access to the competitive foreign exchange rates CIBC is providing to Cape Breton University students.
- End-to-End Communication: You’ll receive detailed instructions and a reference code.
There are no transaction charges from CIBC or from CBU. For more information on the program, please click here.
To get a quote and payment instruction, please click here.
- Select the country you are paying from, and how much you want to transfer to CBU.
- Review the quote, and see up front what the exchange amount will be.