Financial Aid

Now that you’ve decided to attend university, you’re probably wondering what your options are when it comes to paying for your education.

The Enrolment Services Specialist – Financial Support is dedicated to discussing and identifying financial problems and assisting with the financial needs of students as required. We make every effort to provide counselling to potential and current CBU students in completing applications for assistance under various Federal, Provincial and American Loan programs.

Information on Canada Student Loan/Provincial Student Loan programs can be accessed at along with helpful tools and calculators. Canadian residents must apply through the province or territory they have resided in for the 12 months prior to entering their program of study. Visit Provincial/Territorial Student Financial Assistance Offices for a complete list .

The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) offers useful information on paying for post-secondary education, budgeting, and saving for your education.

CBU posts award applications at various times throughout the year. For entering students the deadline for entrance scholarship/bursary consideration is in early March each year. There are various Canada-wide databases listing additional scholarships to the ones CBU provides. We encourage students to visit,,, AUCC, and for further information.

Also, we are periodically contacted by organizations with information on their scholarships. These can be found under the External Awards section of our website or on the Scholarship Bulletin Board outside Enrolment Services.

Students requiring the completion of Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) forms can have them completed by emailing the form to, faxing it to 902-563-1677, or dropping it off in person at B-111-G. If the RESP requires a Verification of Enrolment letter and not a standard form, these can be obtained through the Registrar’s Office (

Appointments can be made in person, by phone or email.