Your degree or college diploma can bring you closer to earning a university degree at CBU! Cape Breton University has entered into Articulation Agreements with many post-secondary institutions both in Canada and from around the world. These agreements allow students who have completed a certain diploma program at one institution to receive extended credit transfer arrangements within specific CBU programs. For general information on such arrangements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details about specific program transfer arrangements are available at: Articulation Agreements
Students must apply for and be offered admission at CBU before transfer credits are accessed. The online Application for Admission is currently available only for new Cape Breton University students. Apply now at www.cbu.ca/apply or download and complete the application form.
*If you are a returning student, please use the printable application form and forward it to the Admissions Office. Returning students are not required to pay the application fee.
*It can take from 2-8 weeks to process an application for transfer credit. Applications received after August 1st cannot be guaranteed processing in time for September registration.
Payment Options for the Application Fee
- Cheque or money order
- Credit card
- Wire payment
Students who transfer from another post-secondary institution must be in good standing at that institution and satisfy the admission requirements for their chosen program at CBU.
Students seeking transfer credit assessment from their previous studies must submit the Application for Transfer Credit Assessment with the non-refundable application fee and official documents (e.g. transcripts from other institutions). These documents are sent directly from the other institutions to CBU.
• Transfer credit application – $52.00
• Prior learning assessment (PLA) – $52.00
Transfer Credit Assessment applications are available at the Registrar’s Office or can be downloaded here: Transfer Credit Assessment Application
Applying to CBU as a transfer student:
- Students with previous post-secondary education will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applicants are required to list all previous post-secondary institutions attended on the application for admission even where no transfer credit is sought.
- Students must be in good academic standing at their current institution if they wish to transfer to CBU. This means that they cannot be on academic dismissal or academic suspension.
- Individual program admission requirements must be met.
- A student may need to supply a secondary school transcript if the equivalent subject requirements were not completed during post-secondary studies.
- Transfer students may be eligible for advanced standing at CBU based on previous study. Official transcripts and detailed course outlines are required for transfer credit assessment.
Advanced Standing and External Transfer
All first- and second-year credit courses offered at all other recognized Canadian universities will be accepted for credit at CBU up to a maximum of 50% of the program’s requirements (some exceptions apply). Students may also apply for credit awarded for prior learning experiences. Applicants can submit a Transfer Credit Application form along with their official transcript. Applicants may also submit a Prior Leaning Assessment to demonstrate completion of course work through prior learning. www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/admissions/application-fees-forms
Fee payment can be made in person at the Registrar’s Office, by mail using a personal cheque, money order or credit card payment, or by emailing or faxing the completed Transfer Credit Assessment Application along with a Credit Card Charge Form available for downloading here:
Please find our full list of Articulation, Transfer and 2+2 Agreements here.
For more information for potential 2+2 partners, please contact:
Liaison Officer, Partnerships
International and Aboriginal Affairs, Recruitment