Register here beginning May 1, 2017!
Congratulations on your acceptance to CBU!
Now that you’ve been accepted, you’re probably wondering what to do next. You can read about our registration policies and procedures as detailed in the CBU Academic Calendar. But, to make it easy for you, here are some frequently asked questions to help you with the process. Please read the following information carefully.
When can I register?
- Registration for new and returning CBU students for 2017/2018 Fall/Winter classes opens on May 1, 2017 at 8:30am.
- New CBU students who have not yet completed their high school classes or courses at another institution are eligible to register as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Have been fully accepted into their academic program, OR have received a response indicating they only need to submit final transcripts from their current school to finalize acceptance, and
- Have met with an advisor and visited the First Year Advising Centre. Students registering at CBU for the first time must be advised before they can register for classes.
How do I register?
- Students can register online through their Student Login and are encouraged to do so.
- Using the information from your academic advisor, you can select courses from the academic timetable to complete your registration. Many courses are offered in more than one time slot. Each separate offering of a specific course is called a section. In addition to choosing the courses you will take you will need to choose the section. If one of your course choices is filled you will need to choose another section, if there is one, or another course.
- Be sure to register for the lab section of those courses with labs. Lab sections must be scheduled in the same term as the course section and are listed under the same course number followed by the letter ‘L’.
- It is important to take the time to ensure your registration is both complete and accurate by reviewing the courses and sections in which you have registered. This can also be done by choosing the ‘Unofficial Transcript By Year’ option which is located on the drop down menu of the ‘Academic’ tab under your Student login. Please take note of the section and start date for each course.
- Registration is not finalized until an invoice is generated indicating the relevant charges being applied to your student account with the courses you have selected listed on the bottom portion of the invoice. Please save or print a copy of this invoice for your records.
- Students may also register in person during summer office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, in the Enrolment Services Office located in Marvin Harvey Building.
Am I required to pay anything when I register?
- Please refer to the Financial Policies page for detailed information on CBU’s financial policies and procedures. CBU students have the option to pay major fees through online banking offered by most financial institutions in Canada. Credit cards are no longer an accepted means of payment for major fees (in general, tuition and fees related to registration, meal plan and residence fees) at CBU. Credit cards will still be accepted at the CBU Bookstore and as payment for application fees, program fees, and transcript fees.
- Please note that students who have a balance owing on their CBU student account will not be able to register for 2017/2018 Fall/Winter courses until the balance has been paid in full.
What is academic advising?
- If you are a first year student, before you register you must receive program and academic advising. Please visit our First Year Advising Centre for more information and to make an appointment.
How can I access the CBU Academic Calendar?
- You can access the Academic Calendar through the ‘Student Services’ menu on the CBU website or follow this link. The Academic Calendar is a great tool which will help you with the registration process.
What is the Calculus Readiness Test (CRT)?
- All first-year students who will be registering in a calculus based Mathematics (MATH) or Physics (PHYS) course must write a Calculus Readiness Test (CRT). This test will be administered at various times at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters. Your result on the CRT will determine the specific calculus-based MATH course you must register for.
- Specific dates, times and locations for the CRT will be listed on our web site here and also will be sent to you.
- All students requiring a calculus based MATH course should register in MATH1105 and MATH1206 if six credits of calculus are required to meet their program requirements. Please note that pending results of the CRT, registration in MATH1105 and MATH1206 may be changed as a result of your score on the test. This registration in calculus based MATH course(s) will be adjusted automatically by the Student Service Centre as necessary based on your CRT test results.
- Please contact Peggy Wright of the Department of Math, Physics and Geology at firstname.lastname@example.org (phone: 902-563-1428) for further information concerning the CRT.
Who can I call if I have any other questions or concerns regarding my registration?
- Should you have any questions or concerns or require further information, please contact the Enrolment Services Office at 902-563-1330 or by email at email@example.com.